(Blog Challenge: Something that stresses you out)
I'm pretty high strung. My mom would tell you I worry too much...about EVERYTHING! Yet, at the same time, I'm laid back about other things. So along with what stresses me out, there are many things that do not stress me out...but probably should.
So first, a non-stressor. Doug and I started dating in college. Freshman year to be exact. Living in the dorms can be quite an experience. He had the privilege of living by himself...starting with a roommate but then he moved out. They never replaced him and he lucked out. So, being a guy living by himself in a dorm room, you can about imagine how gross his room got. It was smelly and messy and yucky. It was a guy's dorm room. Being the wonderful, amazing, beautiful, (nagging) girlfriend that I was, I got him on the path to keeping his room CLEAN. Because of this, my husband is now OCD about a clean house. Now, I should have been drinking my own Kool-Aid because I am a very messy person. Not dirty, just messy. So what doesn't stress me out (usually) is a mess. Jani can demolish the house and I'm fine. Doug, on the other hand, practically starts hyperventilating and has to start cleaning up immediately. So, I am blessed. I have a husband who loves to pick up. He, however does not like to clean, which brings me to my stressor.
CLEANING THE HOUSE!!! I don't mind picking things up. I don't mind putting things away. But the actual on your knees, scrubbing, cleaning, completely stresses me out. So much so that I probably don't do it often enough because the whole task seems daunting. Scrubbing showers, scrubbing floors, scrubbing sinks, it's never ending. A dream gift for me would be someone to clean my house....the down and dirty cleaning. Along with cleaning the house, STUFF stresses me out. I am a hoarder. I have a hard time with letting go of things. It has been my goal this year to get rid of stuff and purge 100 things from our house. I'm doing pretty good with this but hoping to focus on it this summer. More on that to come I'm sure :)
Stressed? Just chill to this guy....
My new obsession....thank you Kelly :)
Well Look Who Has A Second Bathroom
5 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment