About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's All In The Name...

(Blog Challenge: Dirty details about the name of your blog)

Doesn't every little girl dream about a happily ever after? We grow up watching Disney movies...watching as the heroine ends up with her knight in shining armor. She encounters some sort of challenge and is swept off her feet and saved. I was pretty partial to Belle. I felt like she was the only brunette, the only one who liked to read, she was in France (and I loved France). I related to her. She could have been my BFF.

Fast forward many years to the day I met Doug. I remember my friends talking about how huge he was...not only in size but his personality as well. He definitely made his presence known. He had long scraggly hair and if you had the pleasure of seeing my hubby when we met you know he was nearly twice the size he is now. He always jokes that he was the beast and I was the beauty.

And so the name of this blog is born...Our Happily Ever After. It evolved after Jani was born and we added A King, A Queen, and a Little Princess. We are enjoying life, living our dreams and being the leading stars of our very own love story. I may not end up in a castle but I think what we've got is pretty special :)

 A blast from the past....like 7 years ago!!! What a beast :)

1 comments:

Kali

Holy moly! I didn't even recognize him! I do remember the first time I met good ole Doug… it was in the dorm, he was sitting on the futon… when he stood up, he was rather intimidating, and then he talked. ;)