About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Miss My BFF

About 6 years ago, I got my first teaching job. I was scared and nervous and ever other emotion you would feel when beginning your very first career. Upon starting my job, I found out I would actually be sharing a classroom with another new teacher. Now, I realized this could go one of two ways. It could be amazing...I could meet someone who is just like me, likes what I like, eats what I eat, drinks what I drink...you get the picture. Or it could be a living nightmare. My polar opposite. Well, you can imagine my surprise when it ended up being option A. I met my BFF. Someone who was, literally, my long lost twin. We finished each other's sentences, spent every waking minute together...we just gelled. Fast forward a year, I get married...another six months, she has a baby. We laugh, cry, grow, fight, and become the bestest of friends.

Sad part of the story? She ends up moving away. It's like one of those depressing teenie bop novels where a girl's best friend moves away and she's sad and broken. That was me...is me. Sad and broken. I miss Amber so much. I'm sad that we don't see each other much...life gets in the way. We don't really get to talk much...I think I avoid the phone calls because they make me miss her even more. I have moments where I'm really happy, or sad, or excited. I want to share news with her and spend time together...it's depressing when I just can't go see her. Doug is my other half...but Amber was (and is) at least my other quarter, or something. I know that doesn't add up :)

Cherish your BFF's. Take the time to get a coffee, talk, eat some cheeseballs, whatever it is you do. Here's to you Amber :) Miss you much!

0 comments: