I wish life had a pause button...like my DVR. I wish I could freeze time, if only for just a short while. There are so many moments lately that I just want to soak up and I feel like life just goes to quickly, moves at a pace I don't want to move at. 2010 was full of those moments. I wanted to freeze my infant...snuggle and cuddle her longer. I wanted to freeze my grandma...listen to more stories and rest my head on her shoulder. I wanted to freeze my summer...long days with my girl, soaking up the sun and basking in her company. Now, in 2011, I want to freeze my toddler. She cracks me up and has such love for us. Each night our routine is exactly the same. Jani grabs her blankie, heads to the steps, and lets us know it's bedtime. We read her favorite books in the same order, over and over. Blankie, paci, Rascal Flatts lullabies, prayers, snuggles, bed. It's so predictable and I love it. I especially love the nights where she lets me hug her a little longer. I love that we sleep trained her and she wants to just get in bed and go to sleep but I also love when I get to just hug her, if only for a few extra minutes. Tonight was one of those nights and I stood there thinking that she will never be this size again...ever. Now is the only time I will have her as a toddler. This little person she has become will become just a memory all too soon. I'm working on soaking her up.
Each and every moment....
Well Look Who Has A Second Bathroom
6 hours ago

1 comments:
Hi! I'm a new follower!! My daughter is about the same age and I like to see what others are up to!
Post a Comment