About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Favorite Pasttime

Football season is upon us. You can definitely feel it in the air. That crispness that symbolizes my favorite season of all. Football has meant a lot to me over the years but that meaning has grown and developed as much as I have.

When I was young, football meant friends. It meant running around under the lights of a field on the west side of town...hiding between cars, buying taffy at the concession stand, listening to the marching band, and watching my sisters cheerlead. As I grew, I turned into the one marching in the band and cheerleading on the sidelines. I started to learn the ins and outs of football and looked forward to Friday nights.

In college, I ended up dating a football player and learned more about the game than I ever thought possible. Saturdays became a day of anticipation and anxiety, cheering on my Panthers and hoping Doug stayed healthy. Football caused me stress, stole my boy away from me a LOT, and gave me joy at the same time.

Now, with Doug as a coach, we're back to Friday nights. It's much different watching high school football in a dome (and I don't like it). Football still causes me stress (a loss means an unhappy husband for the weekend) and it still steals my boy away from me a LOT.

But it also still gives me joy. Football is a love that Doug and I share...one we hope to pass on to Jani. After this weekend, I think she's well on her way!

0 comments: