About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Running for Lillian

I've always been a reader. I am a reading teacher and have had this hobby as my outlet. When Doug and I decided to start trying to get pregnant, I instantly started reading...and researching...and googling. One day, I happened upon The Bump, a website for pregnant women and women trying to get pregnant to come together for support. I joined the site and soon met a group of women that were a great support system for me. About 75 of us have joined together on our own board. The mamas on this board are my go-to girls. I ask any and all pregnancy, baby, post-partum, relationship, and personal questions that I have. We celebrate together and mourn together. We laugh, cry, and even get into some very controversial discussions. One mama gave birth to her first daughter, Lillian, and after many tests found out that Lillian had PWS, Prader-Willi Syndrome. Sarah and Phil have worked hard to get Lillian the very best care they can but, at this time, no cure exists. You can read more about Lillian on Sarah's blog....Falling For Baby. One of the ladies on our board, Vanessa, has decided to run a 10K in honor of Lillian to raise funds for PWS research. We are all supporting her in any way we can. If you are interested in making a donation to PWS research...here is the link...PWS Donation.

0 comments: