About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Excitement...

I have a few bits of excitement...first off, the chair for the nursery is in so I can finally finish things up in there! When it's done, I'll be sure to post pics :)

Second, I'm at home babysitting Mitch and Libs for a few days and we had some definite excitement last night that could potentially have thrown me into early labor!! My mom and I heard some noises at the door and thought maybe one of the kids was up. I opened their back door and saw something flying at me. I slammed the door quickly, full and well k
nowing it was a bat. Now, my childhood was riddled with experiences with this disgusting animal and it has since become one of my worst fears. I slammed the door, hoping to keep it in the entryway and ran upstairs to my nephews room. Mom woke Dad...typical protocol. He went down and low and behold, I had caught the bat in between the door and the wall. I'm not sure how we got so lucky! Dad saved the day and threw it out the back door. Sleep was a little difficult but nonetheless, the bat is gone.

That's my excitement for now....and in honor of
the cuties I'm babysitting...a pic for your viewing pleasure :)



1 comments:

Geopfert

Aww how exciting! I am so happy for you and Doug. The baby room looks way cute. I will have to come look at this new chair of yours. I cannot wait to have kids and enjoy all the excitement. It is fun to see a friend go through it first! Love ya hope you are having fun in Vegas with your mommy!