About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Heart ABC Family

Every year this happens. ABC Family suckers me in with their 25 Days of Christmas marathon of Christmas movies. Tonight was no exception. The kicker? December isn't even here yet and I'm hooked. Those ABC movies get me every time. I know the acting isn't phenomenal and the plot lines are completely predictable but there is something about a cheesy Christmas movie that puts me in the holiday spirit. Going along with my vow to really cherish winter and enjoy every moment, I'm promising myself I won't be a scrooge. I always LOVE Christmas but I let myself get too worried about keeping everyone else happy and trying to appease everyone. Make it to every party, have every present wrapped just so...but this year, little things will not stress me out. I will not spiral down the tunnel of bah hum bug and I am going to remember what the real reason for the season is. I'm focusing on family, and friends, and my faith. Happy that we are healthy and able to celebrate together. This month I want to do more "ABC Family movie" type things. Little favors for people, Christmas surprises, random acts of kindness. I know our lives aren't the movies and not everything can be perfect, but I can work at it....and to keep me motivated I'll just keep watching those cheesy Christmas movies. Everybody needs a little holiday cheer. Snuggle up and enjoy one. I know you'll love it...and you don't ever have to admit it!

2 comments:

Manfulls

Love it...I think I need to start this movie marathon too:)

Anonymous

I'm a sucker for Lifetime and Hallmark movies....they are clogging up the DVR as we speak. I totally get it:)