About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

October

I love October. I love the way the air feels, smells, and tastes. I love pumpkins and football and hot latte's on a cold Saturday morning. I love tailgating and shopping and wearing sweatshirts on Fridays. Fitting that I ended up having a fall baby. I always said I wanted a spring baby because as a teacher it just seemed smart. Having an October baby was perfect though. I just know she'll grow up to love the fall just as much as we do. There are so many things on our list of things to get done this fall with her. I'm not sure we'll check them all off but we'll have fun trying. First up...we need to get to a pumpkin patch. Doug and I want to recreate this photo with Jani....
Our little pumpkin 
Also on the list? A kick-butt tailgate for Homecoming. We've started planning. There may not be many people partying with us but we're going to have a grand time celebrating our purple and gold. We will also be tackling Jani's birthday. We're not going crazy. Doug and I are really trying to not overdo it. We'll have some family over and celebrate her life. That's what birthdays are for! We debated getting her gifts. She isn't going to know what's going on and I don't want it to be about the gifts. We decided to buy her Kindermusik classes. We thought it would be a perfect gift. It's an opportunity to have fun and to spend some mommy/daddy time. Grandma even gets to take her a couple times...silly conferences!

But I digress....welcome October....welcome Fall. We're accepting you with open arms. We so love all that this season has in store for us.

0 comments: