About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 1, 2010

The television....

I'm sitting in our living room watching my hubby cuddle with J in the recliner...both of them snoring and drifting off to dreamland. I am also watching The Bachelor. As I was watching I began to think about TV and the shows that have become such a part of my life. Is it pathetic that there are TV shows that truly make me happy just thinking about them? Back in the day it was Life Goes On, The Wonder Years, My Two Dads, Full House, and Boy Meets World (just to name a few). I can think back even further and I remember all the cartoons on Nickelodeon. I loved getting lost in the world of gnomes and David the Gnome. I'd cuddle up with my marshmallows and chocolate chips and dream about what it would be like to be that tiny and live in a tree...life was so innocent and simple.

As I got older, I became obsessed with Dawson's Creek. I can still watch this show over and over and over....I grew up with Joey, Pacey, Dawson, and Jen. I can vividly remember rehashing each episode in Mrs. Clark's room with Jordan. As they experienced love, I experienced love. As they experienced heartache, I did too. When they went off to college, so did I. I often wondered what it would be like to grow up on the creek. Who would I have been interested in? Pacey, the rebel, or Dawson, the good guy? My luck I would have fallen for Jack and been heartbroken when he ended up gay! I now own every single season of DC and love to rewatch the episodes with Doug, introducing him to the individuals who accompanied me on my coming of age journey.

In my older years, it's been Sex and the City, Friends, and multiple reality TV shows that have taken up space on my DVR. Currently, this is what tapes on a weekly basis: Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, The Bachelor, Secret Life, Big Bang Theory, American Idol, Biggest Loser, Grey's, Private Practice, and Ellen.

I won't even begin to discuss my disdain with tv stations and how quickly they would cancel shows I loved. RIP What About Brian?, October Road, and Malibu Shores. You will never be forgotten :)

What shows do you really miss? Which ones did you grow up with? And which ones do you love now? Not that I need anymore on my DVR....

6 comments:

Kali

The Cosby Show. I heart the Cosbys. I've made it an addition to my resolutions for 2010: Buy the entire collection so I can learn how to probably raise kids!

Kali

Oh and you MUST start watching The Amazing Race… premieres Feb. 14th at 7pm on CBS!!

The Petrie Family

So funny Staci, b/c I think i watch almost all the exact shows at you....and miss the same ones that were cancelled too early! I LOVED what about Brian! :)

Manfulls

well since we got older we started watching George Lopez together..sweet I know :) Aj's favorite is The O'Reilly Factor :)

Abbey

It is scary how much alike we are :) I was just singing the song from "David the Gnome" the other day, and Eric looked at me like I was crazy! Nickelodeon used to have some goodies...Rugrats, Doug, that Grimm's Fairy Tale show, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude...what station was The Little Bits on? Maybe that's the song I was singing...

I liked that show on CBS about the girl who could talk to God...can't remember what it was called, but I thought it was good. Arrested Development was another goodie that was cancelled before it's time.

I also loved Growing Pains, Just the Ten of Us, Blossom, Party of Five (I used to bawl my eyes out regularly), and PeeWee Herman's PlayHouse. I remember watching My So Called Life and thinking I was soooo mature.

What happened to the good 'ol fashioned classics? I miss old school TGIF :) And remember the "In a Minute" bubbles on USA in the Morning?

Ah, TV. Such a good friend, you are :)

Ashley Schrage

Saved by the bell :)
I also like tv a little too much! Lot's or your current favorites are mine too :)