About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Changing Seasons

We've entered another "season" in our life. Doug and I have often said that fall does not begin on September 21. It begins the day school starts. The day our schedule comes back into our daily lives. The day Jani heads back to daycare. The day that utter chaos takes over! We both knew this fall would start out challenging, and probably continue to be challenging until football was over....and the challenge has begun. But we're trying to embrace it, trying to embrace these last few weeks as just the three of us. Fall is truly our favorite time of year so it makes it a little easier.

The last time I was pregnant, I was a reading teacher. The demands of the job are much different. Your daily schedule as a reading teacher looks completely different than that of a classroom teacher. I am finding out that my body does not enjoy this. My nights are spent dealing with swollen feet/hands and contractions. My days aren't bad but I can tell that it is much more difficult for me to get around, to get things set up, and to tolerate the behaviors that challenge me. We're at a point that there is about 5-6 weeks before we meet this baby. I'm starting to want to see her. I am wondering what she'll look like...wondering if she's going to look and act like Jani. If we could decide on a name, I'd be a very happy camper :)

Doug's football season has been more challenging this year. His staff wasn't assembled until the last minute and that put a lot of stress on him as the head coach. We both love football and both love being involved in it, but sometimes this stress just doesn't seem worth it. He's back at teaching, he has his two favorite classes to teach this year and will hopefully be able to settle into his schedule before the baby comes.

Jani is elated to be a big sister. She constantly kisses my belly, talks to it, sings to it...she's embracing this role already and we love seeing this in her. We got her registered for dance and she can't wait. She keeps asking if it's time to go to dance class and we have to tell her she's got awhile to wait. We hope it's a nice distraction once baby gets here and something special for just her to do.

Unfortunately, my camera was dropped and is currently in the shop. I feel lost. I hate not having it with me and I feel like I'm missing part of our lives! A belly picture will be first on my list when it is back in my hands!!




1 comments:

Anonymous

Are those pics taken at the Dells? Moosejaw Brewery perhaps?