About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Daddy's and Their Daughters...


We found out baby #2 is a girl. The ultrasound was so much fun! Seeing that little person was just as novel this time around. Doug and I were both convinced it was a girl so we weren't surprised when the tech told us the news. We were actually both pretty hopeful it would be a girl since everything we have is pink!! It's funny to tell people we're having another girl, though. I think that people expect you to be disappointed, like you should have wanted the other gender. I get very mixed reactions. Some people are excited but some people say things like "Well there's always next time" or "It's okay that it's another girl". Of course it's okay! It's downright exciting!! Leading up to finding out, I had mixed emotions. Finding out it was a girl would be a trip into the known...we've done this, we know this, we got this. If they would have said boy, a tiny little part of me may have panicked! That would be a trip into the unknown! It would have been a welcome trip but a new adventure nonetheless. Our friends who have boys kept trying to convince me that boys were fun, so much more fun than girls. This always left me confused because those same people had never experienced raising a girl. So it was hard to take what I know, combine it with what they were telling me, and form my feelings about the situation. Raising a girl has been more fun than I ever could have imagined and I am so excited to do it again. The bonus? My little punkin is getting a sister! Does it get much better than that???

0 comments: