About Me

Staci
I am a Christian mother, wife, and daughter who loves shopping, drinking coffee, talking, watching tv, running, biking, crafting, and spending time with family and friends. This blog contains my ramblings...
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Feeling Sentimental....

I think I'm feeling sentimental. Chalk it up to seeing my little baby growing into a little girl or watching her slowly find herself and her personality or the quickly approaching second birthday...whatever it is, this morning I teared up while prepping her 2nd year photo book. I don't feel like I change from year to year. But babies? They become completely different beings each year! I don't think I really realized this until I did a side by side. Case and point...
I see some resemblance. But to go from scooting little baby to a running little girl...I feel like I should have soaked it up a little better.

So I have vowed to myself to really soak her up this fall. I heard from many people that they had made wish lists for the fall. I don't have the dedication to sit down right now and do that but I have a few things I want to get done. I want to pick pumpkins...go on a picnic...rake leaves and jump in...bake fall cookies...go to an apple orchard...curl up on a couch on a cold night and watch a movie with Jani, hot cocoa and all (that may be more of a winter thing)...

There's more but for now, I just know that Doug and I both know we want to spend as much time with our little as we can. Plus, fall is my very favorite season! So now we start planning the birthday, prepping for the terrible twos, and watch Jani prepare for another holiday season :) It's the beginning of the very best time of year.

Welcome October. I embrace you with both arms wide open.

0 comments: