I've seen quite a few blog posts lately about what happiness is. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I've been contemplating what makes me happy...what keeps me happy. With Lent about halfway over I haven't done outstanding on what I set out to do. But I've done okay....I've taken on some things that I hadn't plan on taking on and have been enjoying putting a lot of energy and thought in different areas. So what's making me happy?
1. Blue eyes. Blue eyes that truly melt our heart every single day. Sometimes I wonder if Jani will ever get sick of having people tell her how cute her eyes are. Something tells me she will milk it for all it is worth.
2. Running. I was never a runner in high school or college. It wasn't until after college that I started doing it occasionally. Then Doug and I really got into it and had a year of 5K's. We did quite a few races together. Then I got pregnant and stopped running. After Jani was born I tried to get back to it. It wasn't happening. Running while breastfeeding = an ugly situation for me. So here we are now. My mom and sisters and I ran a race last year in honor of my gma, Run Like a Mother. We've decided to make it a tradition. Last year I barely ran....this year I am training. It's bringing me true joy. Tonight I ran with a smile on my face and got some weird looks from other runners/walkers :)
3. Dressing up. We had an 80's party and Doug and I had fun putting our costumes together. I also have a daughter who LOVES to dress up. The other night she had on her swimsuit, Easter dress, bath robe, and Cabbage Patch purse. Pure comedy.
4. Wagon rides. Jani got a wagon for Christmas and we put it together. She treats it like her personal limo. We walk up and down the street. She attempts to stop and pick up her "date" Noah each day but it's always before he gets home. The tears that ensue just break my heart every time. Young love :)
I need to continue to focus on the happy things. It's so easy to get bogged down with the negative. Spring is here people and we are going to enjoy every single solitary ounce. We are going to run, play, blow bubbles, draw pictures, and love with our whole hearts. Lent truly reminds me of how much love we have to give.
Well Look Who Has A Second Bathroom
5 hours ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment