Seriously...this work thing is for the birds. I returned to work on January 4th and had to endure the hell that is dropping your baby off at daycare. What happened to the days of yore when mothers stayed home, raised quality citizens, cooked meals, and kept a pristine home? I'm sure these mothers still exist but in our society it is extremely difficult to have the financial stability to be a stay at home mom. Now, those of you who know me realize I would not keep a pristine home or cook gourmet meals, but me and my little girl would have one heckuva good time finger painting and playing dress-up! This is why I can't wait for summer :) I've always hated the saying "What are the three best things about teaching? June, July, and August". In my career, I've never had an entire summer not dedicated to taking classes, collaborating with other teachers, or teaching summer school. But this summer? I'm dedicating myself to my daughter. Bring on the pool, the library, Raffi, and long morning walks. The countdown is on....summer can't come soon enough :)
For those of you who aren't teachers and are hating them for having summers off, I need to add that I have NEVER had all of June or all of August off of school. I believe we are already going until June 11th and will be returning to school around the 18th of August. Instead of bring on summer, I should be saying bring on July :)
Well Look Who Has A Second Bathroom
6 hours ago

1 comments:
Oh Staci...I hope you're getting used to being back after two weeks. At least this is a three day weekend!
Your baby girl is so sweet. I'll bet you're having so much fun with her!
Post a Comment